The other day I watched one of the greatest entertainers I have seen in a long time in the park.
He was dressed like Charlie Chaplin and did the standard juggling like other folks, but then he did the Chaplin, slapstick bits. Like trying and failing multiple times to put on his hat (kept falling off his head when he tried to pick up things or turned quickly) or putting his arms into his coat incorrectly.This kids and adults just loved it. Then he went more modern. He put an antenna with a ball on the end onto an iPad. The iPad would then speak out loud what it was pointed at. For example, he would point it at a kid and it would say 'kid'. However on the 3rd or 4th kid it would say 'grampa'. He would jump in shock and of course the kids laughed and laughed.
A final non-standard trick was a chain to make small bubbles and a rope loop to make big bubbles for the kids to chase. And of course threaded through his routine is the slapstick comedy of Charlie Chaplin. Great fun for everyone.
Sounds fun! I wish I know his performance schedule, so that I can see him!
ReplyDelete