Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Volunteering - Tunnel Marathon, CERT, and more

On Aug 9th, I volunteered again at a runner's aid station for the second Tunnel Marathon of the summer.

Pace Runner in yellow Jersey

I like to volunteer as it keeps me busy and it is amazing to me what people can do if they put their mind to it.  In this case, there was one runner on crutches and he was in the middle of the pack so I am pretty sure he finished.

On the 16th, Sawako and I volunteered for the Issaquah CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) booth at the Issaquah Farmer's Market.  The Market has really grown over the last few years with many more vendors than I remember
I also help out CERT and another group, Friends of the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery - e.g. FISH, with technology issues such as managing their Office 365 domains.  Microsoft provides free business licenses to Non-Profits so if they have someone to manage their domain, it is a very good deal.  The hardest part is that Microsoft is constantly changing their interfaces which confuses me and many of the people I support.

Finally, I volunteer as a safety paddler for people who do open water swimming with Say Yes to Life Swims. These folks swim for 0.5 to over 3 miles in local lakes or the Puget Sound.

In my kayak watching swimmers start a loop around Langlois Lake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment