I am a third generation immigrant. My Dad's mother and father immigrated to Canada and then to the US. I remember asking my Dad why he did not speak Polish and he replied "when Poland became communist in 1946, his mother said Poland does not exist anymore and refused to speak Polish or remain in contact with family in Poland". This is how I am feeling about the US. The country I grew up in is rapidly disappearing and, unless something happens, will no longer exist in a few more years.
Instead of a country:
- for the people it is becoming one ruled by oligarchs.
- based on law, it is becoming one which ignores the law.
- based on justice, it is becoming one based on revenge.
- welcoming immigrants, it is becoming one of mass deportation.
- whose leaders believe in science, it's leaders believe in conspiracy theories
- for all genders, it is becoming one of gender discrimination
- who our allies can trust, it is turning on them
- respecting the sovereignty of other countries, it is trying to take away their land
- of a good example of democracy, it is becoming a bad example
As of now, things could still change in the next 2 - 4 years. If they do not, I am not sure what I will do.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment